PR/Social Media Intern
Designation: PR/Social Media Intern
Location: New York / NJ
October 23, 2017
My firm Human Impact Solutions is currently accepting applications for a remote PR/Social Media internship opportunity. The PR/Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. The successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants, and the agency’s clients and candidates to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing. This individual will be instrumental in increasing Human Impact Solutions’ social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients and candidates.
Human Impact Founders/Principals
This will be an unpaid internship with travel/transportation reimbursement offered as necessary.
In order to qualify for the internship, they MUST meet the following qualifications:
Qualification / Requirements
The ideal candidate must be presently enrolled an accredited college or university, and seeking an opportunity to gain meaningful career experience. Preference will be given to students majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, and/or Journalism. Additional skills/qualifications include:
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, IG, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck), Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google tools (Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Experience creating memes using graphic design tools on desktop and mobile will be prioritized
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- An entrepreneurial attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focussed attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.